Published by NZME. Educational Media under contract for the 18th consecutive year, New Zealand Education Gazette is the Ministry of Education’s official print and online publication to schools. It carries all official notices, school vacancies, and articles/case studies that will inform and inspire school and early childhood educators
In addition to the free-to-list school vacancies and notices, Education Gazette publishes paid recruitment and display advertising and professional development and other notices relevant to the school and early childhood education sectors. Complementing the fortnightly print edition is the Education Gazette website, which attracts 2.3 million visitors each year. All free vacancy and notice listings appear on the website.
Circulation and readership
Education Gazette is a popular read in school staffrooms.
Every fortnight 16,500 print copies are delivered free to all public and private primary, intermediate, and secondary schools in New Zealand, as well as early childhood education centres, kindergartens, kohanga reo, tertiary institutions, and Ministry agencies.
The number of copies delivered to schools is calculated by a ratio of one for every six teachers.
People interested in education news or those looking for teaching positions may take individual paid subscriptions to Education Gazette.
Facts at a glance
- 2.3 million online sessions each year.
- Delivered free to every school and early childhood education centre in New Zealand.
- Staff are required to read the official notices section.
- 85% of teachers read the editorial.
- 16,500 copies circulated fortnightly (22 editions annually).
- One copy is delivered to every school board of trustees.
- Multi-platform, including website.